Friday, September 23, 2011

Complimentarianism



My church believes in complimentarianism, basically a seperate but equal view of men and women. I keep reading and listening and generally trying to hear God, but no word so far. My thoughts are all over the place.

I've seen complimentarianism be really bad - really bad. It's like a cycle where women become more and more marginalized.




Maybe it doesn't have to be this way. Maybe complimentarianism can stop on the first couple of rungs down the ladder, where women should care for their families. Maybe that's what God intended. Maybe complimentarians can express how God created a woman in ways that are fulfilling and different from one another. I think that's what my church believes.

I still don't know if we can stop that slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment